Market visitors : three / by Ken Ferguson.
- East Cramlington : Ken Ferguson, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 31 x 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 27Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The 30 images in this book are lino cuts. Hand cut, hand inked, hand coloured, designed and printed letter press on an Albion press by Ken Ferguson. Type: Bodoni Bold. Paper: Somerset White 300 gsms. Book designed, hand made, hand bound and published by Ken Ferguson, 20 Lanercost Park, East Cramlington, Northumberland ... There are a number of loose prints from each image for sale on a variety of papers."--Colophon.
Limited edition of 65 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of a limited edition of 65 copies.
"Over the last few years markets in my area have sadly declined to the stage where stall holders, who made their living from the sale of goods are not barely able to make ends meet ... The market at Bedlington had been one of the busiest in the area for over 20 years. They were housed on a large car park with room for many stalls and car booters. Now they are only given a small space for stalls and no car boot area. In the summer of 2015 it has been reduced to only 3 stalls and a tea van, I think by the winter it will surely close."--Page 
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' illustrated books -- England -- Specimens.Bedlington (England) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Markets -- Great Britain.Northumberland (England) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.
Linocuts -- Hand-colored -- 2015.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.