The Crystal Palace game : a voyage round the world, an entertaining excursion in search of knowledge, whereby geography is made easy / by Smith Evans, F.R.G.S.
- London : Alfred Davis & Co., 58, 59, & 60, Houndsditch, [1854?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game : color, mounted on linen ; 45.5 x 65 cm, folded to 20.3 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199.S6 C7 1854Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Scale [ca. 1:85 000 000].
- Lower right-hand corner: L'Enfant Lith.
Prime meridian: Greenwich.
Also available in an electronic version via the Internet at: http://nla.gov.au/nla.map-nk2981.
Relief shown by hachures.
Liman, E. Georgian and Victorian board games, pages 140-141
Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days, page 20
BAC: British Art Center copy folded in publisher's original brown cloth.
Map of the world, presented as a board game. Illustrated around the edges with scenes depicting different activities around the world, including the Crystal Palace and the opening of the Great Exhibition 1851. Vignettes on map. There is a table of "British Possessions".
- Subject Terms:
- Educational games -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Geographical recreations -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.World maps -- To 1900.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.