- Niagara Falls : Charles Bierstadt, photographer, No. 2 Main St., opposite Cataract House, Niagara Falls, N.Y., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 accordion-folded sheet : tinted lithographs ; 6 x 80 cm unfolded, in brass case 6 cm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF127.N8 B54 1869Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Medallion book, containing a series of 16 tinted lithographs depicting scenes of Niagara Falls and nearby locations. The scenes are presumably based on photographs by Charles Bierstadt. Housed in a brass case stamped "Niagara" on the front, and with crest featuring a shield and eagle on the obverse. The imprint of Charles Bierstadt is repeated on the inside of the case top and bottom.
- Subject Terms:
- Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.) -- Pictorial works.Niagara Falls (N.Y.) -- Pictorial works.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.)
- Lithographs -- 1869.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Miniature books (Printing)
- Cataract House
- Rapids above the Falls
- Point View
- American Falls from Goat Island
- Terrapin Tower
- International Hotel
- Suspension bridge
- Interior suspension bridge
- Whirlpool rapids
- New suspension bridge, 1268 feet long
- The new suspension bridge
- Grand views of the falls from Canada side
- American Falls from Canada side
- Clifton House Canada CW
- Table Rock
- American Falls from below.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.