IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Baker, Samuel, approximately 1711-1778, Bibliotheca Meadiana, sive, Catalogus librorum Richardi Mead, M.D. , 
Bibliotheca Meadiana, sive, Catalogus librorum Richardi Mead, M.D. : qui prostabunt venales sub hasta apud Samuelem Baker, in vico dicto York Street, Covent Garden, Londini, die Lunae 18vo. Novembris, M. DCC. LIV. iterumque die lunae, 7mo. Aprilis, M. DCC. LV.
- Additional Title(s):
Catalogus librorum Richardi Mead, M.D.
- [London] : Catalogi venundatur apud plurimos Londini bibliopoles et in omnibus urbibus Europae celebrioribus, 
- Physical Description:
- , 116, , 117-242 pages ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .B35 1754Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Sales conditions signed: Samuel Baker.
Date of publication inferred from start date of sale.
Signatures: [A]² B-P⁴ Q² chi1 R-2I⁴( -2I4).
Title page vignette; head- and tailpieces.
Dates of sale: Nov. 18-Dec. 19, 1754, and Apr. 7-May 9, 1755.
Place of sale: London.
English short title catalogue, T1340
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A484
SML,Y X348 S71 1754/11/18: Priced in ms., with sums of sales at end. Boards detached. Lacks 29th night of second sale (May 9, 1755), called for by ESTC T001340. Stamp of R. Simpson, bookseller (London). Autograph of Fanny Mead Briggs. Bookplate of Henry Thomas Buckle, with no. in top left corner: No. 4428.
BAC: British Art Center copy annotated in pen and ink with prices for all lots and sums of sales at end. Lacks 29th night of second sale (May 9, 1755), called for by ESTC T1340. Armorial bookplate: Bibliotheca Lindesiana. Bound in contemporary smooth calf. Has bound with it: Langford, Mr. Catalogue of the genuine collection of valuable gems, bronzes, marble and other busts and antiquities of the late Doctor Mead / Mr. Langford. London : Mr. Langford, 1755 -- Catalogue of the genuine entire and curious collection of prints and drawings of the late Doctor Mead ... / Mr. Langford. London : Mr. Langford, 1755 -- Catalogue of pictures, consisting of portraits, landscapes, sea-pieces, architecture, flowers, fruits, animals, histories of the late Richard Mead. London, M.DCC.LIV 
- Subject Terms:
- Bibliotheca Lindesiana -- Bookplate.Briggs, Fanny Mead -- Autograph.Buckle, Henry Thomas, 1821-1862 -- Bookplate.Early printed books -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Mead, Richard, 1673-1754 -- Library -- Catalogs.Medicine -- Bibliography -- Early -- Catalogs.Private libraries -- England -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.R. Simpson, bookseller -- Stamp.Rare books -- England -- Bibliography -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.
- Auction catalogs -- 1754 11 18-12 19.
Auction catalogs -- 1755 11 18-12 19.
Auction catalogues -- 1755 04 07-05 08.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.