The honeybee : Royal Mail first day cover.
- Additional Title(s):
- Edinburgh : Royal Mail, Tallents House, 21 South Gyle Crescent, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 4 postage stamps : color illustrations ; sheet 8 x 19 cm + 1 envelope (13 x 22 cm) + 1 insert (12 x 22 cm)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.E577 H66 2015 BoxYale Center for British Art, Gift of the artistAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy of the first day cover envelope is embellished with additional bee illustrations by the artist, in pen and black ink and watercolor, along with the artist's address at Ely. The envelope and separate sheet of stamps are signed by the artist.
The mint stamps on a black backing card, in a cellophane pocket. Accompanied by the first day cover envelope and an illustrated insert.
The stamps feature wood-engraved illustrations by Andy English. They portray different aspects of apian behavior: the waggledance, pollinating, making honey and tending young. The sheet containing the stamps bears a decorative border of floral designs.
The first day cover enveloped has the four stamps franked "First day of issue St Bees 18.8.2015."
The insert describes "The evolution of bees," with illustrations.
- Subject Terms:
- Bees -- Pictorial works.Commemorative stamps.First day covers (Philately)Honeybee -- Pictorial works.Postage stamps -- Great Britain -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- 2015.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.