Lord, Peter, 1948-, The tradition , 2016
The tradition : a new history of Welsh art, 1400-1990 / Peter Lord.
- Cardigan : Parthian, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 400 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN6792 .L678 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Peter Lord surveys the evolution of the visual culture of Wales from the Renaissance to the end of the 20th century in this new, single-volume history, which illustrates some 400 landscapes and portrait paintings, prints and sculptures. He describes how the work emerged from its Welsh historical context and was related to the art of other cultures.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Wales -- History -- Catalogs.Art, Welsh -- Catalogs.