Field and fern, or, Scottish flocks & herds (South) / by H.H. Dixon ; author of The R.A.S. of England prize essay on shorthorns, 1865.
- Additional Title(s):
Field and fern
Scottish flocks & herds (South)
- London : Published by Rogerson & Tuxford, Mark Lane Express Office, 246, Strand, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- , 409,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portrait ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF75 .D533 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The title page is engraved, with a portrait of "Will Nightingale," engraved by J. Brown, after a photograph by F. Joubert.
With a frontispiece portrait of the late of Duke of Richmond, engraved by Henry Wallis, after a photograph by Beard.
The third and fourth plates are mounted albument prints:  Dr. Grant and "Sandy," from a photograph by W. Beattie, of Hawick;  A glimpse of Knockhill, 1864 ...
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red half calf and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Reginald Bernhard Loder.
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- Scotland.Livestock -- Scotland.Loder, Reginald Bernhard -- Bookplate.Rogerson & Tuxford -- Publisher.
- Stipple engravings -- 1865.
Engravings -- 1865.
YCBA Collections Search
Dixon, Henry Hall, 1822-1870, Field and fern, or, Scottish flocks & herds (South) , 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.