IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, To my daughter, may the morn of thy existence be unclouded, thy noontide of dazzling light , [approximately 1870]
To my daughter, may the morn of thy existence be unclouded, thy noontide of dazzling light : and thy eventide like the sun which only sets to rise again in renewed splendour.
- Coventry : T. Stevens, [approximately 1870]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 17 x 5 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 T6 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Visual Materials
- A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk. On black silk in gold, purple, green, and red.
The words "Coventry" and "T. Stevens" are embroidered on the reverse.
Godden, G.A. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 748
Stevengraph bookmark featuring several lines of verse above and below an illustration of a bundle of forget-me-nots, tied with red ribbon. On a black background, the bookmark was presumably used as part of mourning observance.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookmarks -- Specimens.Death.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.