Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, To my daughter, may the morn of thy existence be unclouded, thy noontide of dazzling light , [approximately 1870]
- To my daughter, may the morn of thy existence be unclouded, thy noontide of dazzling light : and thy eventide like the sun which only sets to rise again in renewed splendour.
- Coventry : T. Stevens, [approximately 1870]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 17 x 5 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 T6 BoxAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Visual Materials
- Stevengraph bookmark featuring several lines of verse above and below an illustration of a bundle of forget-me-nots, tied with red ribbon. On a black background, the bookmark was presumably used as part of mourning observance.
A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk. On black silk in gold, purple, green, and red.
The words "Coventry" and "T. Stevens" are embroidered on the reverse.
Godden, G.A. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 748
- Subject Terms:
- Bookmarks -- Specimens.Death.Grief.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.