A birthday wish : many happy returns of the day, many happy returns to thee, and when heaven to earth its blessings send, may yours a large share be : may many a day of pleasure come, and thy life be devoid of care, and wherever you may chance to be may you still find happiness there : again and again I wise thee well, with more of truth than this can tell.
- Coventry : T. Stevens, [approximately 1870]
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 30 x 6 cm (with tassel)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.S8 B5 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Visual Materials
- A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk. On white silk in blue, red, green, purple, and gold.
The words "Coventry" and "T. Stevens" are embroidered on the reverse.
Godden, G. Stevengraphs and other Victorian silk pictures, 309
Stevengraph bookmark featuring birthday wishes above and below an illustration of hummingbirds and flowers. With a gold tassel at the foot of the bookmark.
- Subject Terms:
- Birthdays -- Quotations, maxims, etc.Bookmarks -- Specimens.Silk pictures -- Specimens.
Embroidery (visual works)
YCBA Collections Search
Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888, A birthday wish , [approximately 1870]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.