Huntley & Palmers biscuits : inie biscuits nyanc banyak lakoe, darie fabrik betoel.
- Additional Title(s):
Huntley and Palmers biscuits
Inie biscuits nyanc banyak lakoe, darie fabrik betoel.
- [England] : [Huntley & Palmers], [1940s]
- Physical Description:
- 1 printed handkerchief : on cotton ; 38 x 42 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 3aAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date from Victoria and Albert Museum.
Illustrated handkerchief, printed in pink, red, and blue, advertising biscuits (cookies) made by Huntley & Palmers, of Reading, England. At center it illustrates a large assortment of biscuits, with depictions of biscuit tins at each of the four corners. With text "Inie biscuits nyanc banyak lakoe, darie fabrik betoel" at top, and "Huntley & Palmers biscuits" at bottom.
"This handkerchief was used for advertising, for the export market. The inscription is adapted from Indonesian with inserted English words. It reads 'These biscuits are very good, from the well-known factory Huntley & Palmers Biscuits.'"--Victoria and Albert Museum. The V&A exemplar (T.274-1983) appears identical, but with a blue border instead of the pink border of the handkerchief in the collection of the Yale Center for British Art.
- Subject Terms:
- Cookies -- Great Britain.Food industry and trade -- Great Britain.Food industry and trade -- IndonesiaGreat Britain -- Commerce -- Indonesia.Huntley & Palmers.Indonesia -- Commerce -- Great Britain.
Printed textile materials.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.