Printed handkerchief featuring 13 images of Winston Churchill, approximately 1945
Printed handkerchief featuring 13 images of Winston Churchill.
- Great Britain : publisher not identified, approximately 1945.
- Physical Description:
- 1 printed handkerchief : silk ; 34 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 10bAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The likenesses are reproduced (on a purple background) from photographic portraits of Churchill taken from early adulthood up to 1940. The central portrait reproduces the well-known image of Churchill, with cigar, holding a Tommy Gun during an inspection near Hartlepool in 1940 (but here cropped to remove the gun). The central portrait is flanked by the White Ensign and the Union Jack. The remaining portraits, around the perimeter of the handkerchief, depict Churchill in a mixture of formal dress or military uniform.
- Subject Terms:
- Churchill, Winston, 1874-1965 -- Portraits.Prime ministers -- Great Britain.World War, 1939-1945.
Printed textile materials.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.