Ponsonby, Margaret, 1952-, Faded and threadbare historic textiles and their role in houses open to the public , 
Faded and threadbare historic textiles and their role in houses open to the public / Margaret Ponsonby.
- Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 235 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNK2115.5.F3 P66 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-228) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Historic house museums -- Furniture, equipment, etc.Historic house museums -- Furniture, equipment, etc.Historic house museums -- Interpretive programs.Historic house museums -- Interpretive programs.Home -- Psychological aspects.Home -- Psychological aspects.National Trust (Great Britain)National Trust (Great Britain)Textile fabrics -- Preservation.Textile fabrics -- Preservation.Textile fabrics in interior decoration.Textile fabrics in interior decoration.
- Faded and threadbare interiors
- Preserving historic houses: interpreting the fabric of the past
- Families who preserved their textiles in the past
- Conserving textiles: from needlework and housekeeping to professional intervention
- Textiles as palimpsest: history in the surface attributes
- Historic textiles with a past and a future.