Bargery, Robert, The amateur artist , 2016
- The amateur artist : sketching the English country house / Robert Bargery.
- London : Georgian Group in conjunction with Blacker Limited, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 39 pages : color illustrations ; 21 x 24 cm
- Reference LibraryNA966.G45 B37 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "The pictures reproduced in this volume are taken from the Pardoe Collection of 17-19th century drawings, watercolours and prints assembled by Bernard Pardoe, The Georgian Group's former treasurer, and given to the Group in 2000 by his widow, Patricia. The collection contains images of Georgian buildings and landscapes from across the Bristish Isles, covering everything from palaces and parkland to vernacular buildings and follies. Many of the descriptions featured in the following pages first appeared in The Georgian, the magazine of The Georgian Group, between 2002 and 2016"--page 2.
- Harrington Hall, Lincolnshire -- Hales Place, Kent -- Kirkstall Grange, West Riding -- Denham Place, Bukinghamshire -- Storrs Hall, Westmorland -- Gumley Hall, Leicestershire -- Dagenhams, Essex -- Benham Park, Berkshire -- Calcot Park, Berkshire -- Berry Head House, Devon -- Kings Weston, Somerset -- Kingsgate, Kent -- Cheam School, Surrey -- Quidenham Hall, Norfolk -- Rochford Hall, Essex -- Oxton House, Devon -- Beaudesert Stables, Staffordshire.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Georgian -- Great Britain.Drawing -- Great Britain.Georgian Group (London, England)Landscapes -- Great Britain.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain.