The post and the paddock : with recollections of George IV, Sam Chifney and other turf celebrites / by the Druid.
- London : Published by Rogerson & Tuxford, 1862.
- Physical Description:
- , 376, xxxii pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF301 .D622 1862Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The Druid" is a pseudonym used by Henry Hall Dixon.
The title page is engraved. The vignette is signed "Drawn & engraved by H. Beckwith."
With a frontispiece portrait of J.J. Farquharson.
"A portion of the following work ... appeared, under two distinct titles, in the Sporting review."--Preface.
Includes prefaces for the May 1856 edition, the second edition (August 1st, 1856), and the hunting edition (February 18th, 1857).
Fox, C.G. The Fairman Rogers Coll. on the horse and equitation, 223
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in red half calf and marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Reginald Bernhard Loder.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Horsemanship -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Horses -- Breeding -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Hunting -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Loder, Reginald Bernhard -- Bookplate.
- Steel engravings -- 1862.
Engravings -- 1862.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.