Lord Mayor's Day : drink Tip-Top-Tea, sold everywhere.
- Additional Title(s):
Drink Tip-Top Tea, sold everywhere.
- [England] : [Tip-Top Tea], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : color illustrations ; 45 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 49lYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Order of procession for Lord Mayor's Day, London, for November 9, 1895. The broadside is on crepe paper, illustrated in the margins with Japanese imagery to accompany the slogan for Tip-Top-Tea, at the foot of the sheet. The illustrations are printed from multiple wood blocks, in black, blue, red, purple, and yellow. The text is printed letterpress.
The procession marked the inauguration of Sir Walter H. Wilkin, of the Broderers' Company, as Lord Mayor for 1895-1896. It also acknowledges John Pound and John Robert Cooper as new sheriffs. The procession included participants from the Worshipful Company of Makers of Playing Cards, the Worshipful Company of Coach Makers and Coach Harness Makers, the Worshipful Company of of Pattern Makers, the the Worshipful Company of Farriers, the Worshipful Company of Fruiterers, the Worshipful Company of Barber Surgeons, the Worshipful Company of Leather Sellers, and the Worshipful Company of Broderers. Also listed are cars for "trophy of fruit and flowers," "trophy of various leather and workman," "South Africa. Men representing gold miners, diamond miners, African hunters, and natives ...," and "India, past and present." The procession concludes with the new sheriffs and Lord Mayor.
- Subject Terms:
- City of London (England). Lord Mayor.Cooper, John Robert.London (England) -- Social life and customs.Parades -- England -- London.Pound, John, 1829-1915.Processions -- England -- London.Tea -- Great Britain.Tip Top Tea Co.Wilkin, Walter Henry, 1842-1922.
Color woodcuts -- 1895.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.