Van Dyck : the anatomy of portraiture / Stijn Alsteens and Adam Eaker ; with contributions by An Van Camp, Xavier F. Salomon, and Bert Watteeuw.
- Additional Title(s):
Anatomy of portraiture
- New York : The Frick Collection ; New Haven : in association with Yale University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 307 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.D985 A47 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This catalogue is published in conjunction with the exhibition "Van Dyck: The Anatomy of Portraiture," on view at the Frick Collection from March 2 through June 5, 2016"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 273-297) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Portraits, European -- 17th century -- Exhibitions.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641 -- Exhibitions.
- A portraitist's progress / Stijn Alsteens
- A taste for Van Dyck / Adam Eaker
- First Antwerp period
- Italian period
- Second Antwerp period
- The Iconographie and other early portrait prints after Van Dyck
- English period
- Portrait drawings by Van Dyck's contemporaries.