IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lyon, G. F. (George Francis), 1795-1832, A brief narrative of an unsuccessful attempt to reach Repulse Bay , MDCCCXXV 
A brief narrative of an unsuccessful attempt to reach Repulse Bay : through Sir Thomas Rowe's "Welcome," in His Majesty's Ship Griper, in the year MDCCCXXIV / by Captain G.F. Lyon, R.N. ; with a chart and engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Spine title, on publisher's printed label: Lyon's attempt to reach Repulse Bay
- London : John Murray, Albemarle-Street, MDCCCXXV 
London : Printed by William Clowes, Northumberland-Court
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 198,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG650 1824 L9Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations engraved by Edward Finden; after G.F. Lyon and Edward Nicholas Kendall.
Map engraved by J. Walker.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Includes "Abstract of the days' works" and "Botanical appendix by Professor Hooker" : page -198.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown paper covered boards, with printed spine label.
Narrative of search for the Northwest Passage through the Hudson Bay; observations on Southampton Island, Eskimo, tides, and compass variations.
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Arctic Ocean -- Northwest Passage.Arctic regions.Discoveries in geography.Discovery and exploration, British.Eskimos.Griper (Ship)Lyon, G. F. (George Francis), 1795-1832 -- Travel -- North America.Northwest Passage.Voyages and travels.
- Engravings -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.