Strictures on Lt.-Col. Tarleton's History "of the campaigns of 1780 and 1781, in the southern provinces of North America" ... Wherein military characters and corps are vindicated from injurious aspersions, and several important transactions placed in their proper point of view. In a series of letters to a friend, by Roderick Mackenzie ... To which is added, a detail of the siege of Ninety Six, and the re-capture of the island of New-Providence.
- London, Printed for the author, 1787.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., vi, 1 l. 186 p. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process E236.T19 M33 1787+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Cb27 60y: Errata, 1 l., inserted.
"Siege of Ninety Six" and "Re-capture of New Providence" are by Lieut. Hatton--cf. Sabin, Bibliotheca Americana.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Quarto. Original boards; untrimmed. Color map, folding color map. Spine height: 11 5/8 inches (handwritten ink: Tarletons Campaigns). In blue cloth folding box-case, ht: 13 3/8 inches (black leather label: TARLETON'S CAMPAIGNS IN AMERICA/LONDON, 1787).
- Subject Terms:
- New Providence Island (Bahamas) -- History -- British Conquest, 1783.Ninety Six (S.C.) -- Siege, 1781.Southern States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783.Tarleton, Lieutenant-General (Banastre), 1754-1833. History of the campaigns of 1780 and 1781, in the southern provinces of North America.United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Campaigns.
YCBA Collections Search
Mackenzie, Roderick, Strictures on Lt.-Col. Tarleton's History "of the campaigns of 1780 and 1781, in the southern provinces of North America" .., 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.