Eardley-Wilmot, John E. (John Eardley), Sir, 1810-1892, Reminiscences of the late Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq. , MCMII 
- Reminiscences of the late Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq. : a famous fox-hunter, or, The pursuits of an English country gentleman / by Sir John E. Eardley-Wilmot.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Pursuits of an English country gentleman
- Sixth edition, with a portrait and other illustrations, and an introduction by Sir Herbert Maxwell, Bart., M.P.
- London : R.A. Everett & Co., 42, Essex Street, Strand, MCMII 
Edinburgh : The Riverside Press Limited
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 303,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT788.S68 W44 1902Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Published in 1860 under the title: "Reminiscences of the late Thomas Assheton Smith."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold-stamped red cloth. Bookseller's label of W. Heffer & Sons, Ltd., Cambridge, England.
- Illustrations: Portrait of Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq. -- Hall-table at Tedworth House -- Portrait of "Gayman" -- Part of principal entrance to stables at Tedworth -- Foxes' heads on kennel door at Tedworth -- Mr. Smith's steam yacht "Sea-Serpent" from a drawing in the library at Tedworth -- Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq. on "Ayston."
- Subject Terms:
- Gentry -- Great Britain -- Biography.Hunters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Smith, Thomas Asheton, 1776-1858.
- Wood engravings -- 1902.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.