The perfection of horse-manship : dravvne from nature, arte, and practise / By Nicholas Morgan of Crolane, in the countye of Kent, gent.
- Imprinted at London : For Edward VVhite, and are to be solde at his shop at the signe of the Gun, neere the little North dore of Saint Paules, 1609.
- Physical Description:
- , 188, 191-255, 266-272, , 273-288, 288-295, 295-343, 144-145,  p. : ill. ; 19 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285.3 .M67 1609Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- At head of title: Vp and be doing, and the Lord will be with thee. I. Chron. 22. 16.
Signatures: A⁸ B⁶ ²B-R⁸ S⁸ (S2 + chi²; chi1 signed S3) T-Y⁸ Z².
Entered 6 October 
Occasional woodcut illustrations within text throughout.
Woodcut vignette on t.p.; woodcut head- and tail-pieces and initials throughout.
STC (2nd ed.), 18105
Podeschi, J.B. Horse and horsemanship, 19
With a final errata leaf.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary limp vellum; title in ms on spine. Ms inscription "E Libs. J. Langton" on t.p. Ms inscription "God saue King Charles the 2 saith Tho: [?]" on t.p. and repeated on inner turn-in of front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Horsemanship -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Early works to 1800.Langton, J. -- Autograph. (BACRB)Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1609.
YCBA Collections Search
Morgan, Nicholas, of Crolane, The perfection of horse-manship , 1609
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.