Fittler, James, 1758-1835, Scotia depicta, or, the antiquities, castles, public buildings, noblemen and gentlemen's seats, cities, towns, and picturesque scenery, of Scotland , 1804
- Scotia depicta, or, the antiquities, castles, public buildings, noblemen and gentlemen's seats, cities, towns, and picturesque scenery, of Scotland : illustrated in a series of finished etchings / by James Fittler, A.R.A. and engraver to His Majesty, from accurate drawings made on the spot by John Claude Nattes ; with descriptions, antiquarian, historical, and picturesque.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Antiquities, castles, public buildings, noblemen and gentlemen's seats, cities, towns, and picturesque scenery, of Scotland
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, and published by W. Miller, Old Bond Street; J.C. Nattes, 92, New Bond Street; J. Fittler, 62, Upper Charlotte Street, Fitzroy Square; Longman and Rees, Paternoster Row; Manners and Miller, and Hill, Edinburgh, 1804.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 48 [that is, 49] leaves of plates : illustrations ; 31 x 46 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 41Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally published in 12 parts, between 1801 and 1804.
Contains 48 plates and an added engraved title page.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 486
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In original parts, in printed wrappers. Includes prospectuses for Scotia depicta (in part 2) and Pyne's Microcosm (part 4). The etchings are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Scotland -- Pictorial works.Scotland.
- Pictorial works.
Etchings -- 1804.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.