Nimrod, 1778-1843, Remarks on the condition of hunters, the choice of horses, and their management , 1831
- Remarks on the condition of hunters, the choice of horses, and their management : in a series of familiar letters ; originally published in The Sporting Magazine between 1822 and 1826 / by Nimrod ; with notes and a copious index.
- London : Printed and published by M.A. Pittman, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 503 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285 .A67 1831 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285 .A67 1831 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Nimrod is the pseudonym of Charles James Apperley.
Podeschi, J.B. Horse and horsemanship, 138
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in gilt-tooled smooth calf, with gilt edges. Has bound with it: Turner's illustrations to Nimrod on the condition of hunters (London : Published at the Court Gazette Office, ), the plates of which are interspersed at appropriate locations within the text.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 cound in original boards, with publisher's printed spine label. Without the additional illustrations (see BAC copy 1).
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases.Horses -- Training.Hunters (Horses)Hunting.Pittman, M.A. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1831.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.