Paris, John Ayrton, 1785-1856, Philosophy in sport made science in earnest , 1827
- Philosophy in sport made science in earnest : being an attempt to illustrate the first principles of natural philosophy by the aid of popular toys and sports.
- London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : illus. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1684Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy: 3 volumes. Green board covers; paper labels printed in black on spines. In faded grey slip-case; black leather label with gold lettering on spine. Illustrations by George Cruikshank. Spine height: 7 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Science -- Juvenile literature.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.