Panorama, Leicester Square : in the lower circle, is represented a most magnificent view of Paris.
- Additional Title(s):
View of Paris
- [London] : J. Adlard, printer, Duke-Street, Smithfield, 1803.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : woodcut and letterpress ; sheet 42 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 3cYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Mr. Barker, inventor and proprietor of the Panorama, Leicester Square, where a succession of views will be continued as usual, has no connexion with the panorama in the Strand, nor with any other painting in London."
"In order to preserve from destruction some of those interesting paintings which have met with general approbation, at the Panorama, Leicester-Square, Mr. Barker wishes to dispose of them, in such proportions as gentlemen may choose, according to the length and height of the place they intend to occupy ..."
"Open from ten till dusk. Admittance to each painting 1s. Books descriptive of the city of Paris may be had at the Panorama, price 6d."--Foot of the sheet.
A schematic key to a 360-degree panorama of Paris exhibited at the Leicester Square Panorama, with important buildings and landmarks identified, including the Figure of Peace (at top), the Hôtel de Monnaies, Les Invalides, and the Louvre.
- Subject Terms:
- Panorama (Leicester Square, London, England)Panoramas -- Great Britain.Paris (France) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Paris (France) -- Pictorial works.
Woodcuts -- 1803.
YCBA Collections Search
Panorama (Leicester Square, London, England), Panorama, Leicester Square , 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.