Pembroke, Henry Herbert, Earl of, 1734-1794, A method of breaking horses, and teaching soldiers to ride , MDCCLXII 
A method of breaking horses, and teaching soldiers to ride : designed for the use of the army / by Henry Earl of Pembroke.
- The second edition, revised and corrected, with additions.
- London : Printed by J. Hughs, Lincoln's-Inn Fields, MDCCLXII 
- Physical Description:
- , 128 pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUE470 .P46 1762Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- English short title catalogue, T98092
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary calf, tooled in gold. Armorial bookplate: Fac Et Pera. Signed in graphite: "From John Baskett, Christmas, 1979."
- Subject Terms:
- Baskett, John -- Provenance.Cavalry -- Early works to 1800.Horsemanship -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Training -- Early works to 1800.Hughs, J. -- Printer.
- Engravings -- 1762.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.