American roots at Painshill Park , [approximately 2006?]
American roots at Painshill Park : a guide to the exhibition and associated plantings in the park.
- Cobham, Surrey : Painshill Park, [approximately 2006?]
- Physical Description:
- 27 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 21 cm
- Reference LibraryV 2626Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Cover title.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 26-27).
"Welcome to our exhibition, which tells the story of the eighteenth century craze for new and exciting plants ('exotics') from outside the British Isles (particularly North America) and underlines the importance of Painshill Park in the development of the English Landscape Movement"--page 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical gardens -- England -- Surrey -- History -- Guidebooks.Historic gardens -- England -- Surrey -- Guidebooks.Painshill Park (England) -- History -- Guidebooks.
- New plant introductions
- 18th century cultivation techniques
- Displaying the plants
- Out into the park & into the future
- The plants in Hamilton's vision
- Sources and acknowledgements.