For pen and pencil jottings / with marginal illustrations by Humphrey J. Dingley.
- Glasgow : David Bryce and Son, [1888?]
- Physical Description:
-  pages : illustrations ; 21 x 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC660 .D56 1888+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Dingley's marginal illustrations leave most of each leaf blank, to be filled in as the owner pleases. Pages 5 and  provide printed examples of how the pages may be used. The former includes lyrics and music to Auld Lang Syne (signed "Faithfully yous, R.B."); the latter a set of three drawings under the heading "Reminiscences of a summer visit, 25th June, 1887, A. Dauber."
The places illustrated are listed on page . All are notable tourist destinations in Great Britain, such as Windsor, Stonehenge, Balmoral, and Torquay.
The volume is subdivided into sections of 4 leaves, on variously tinted papers, each section divided by an unillustrated white leaf.
BAC: British Art Center bound in publisher's illustrated olive green cloth. The page illustrating Dunoon is completed in manuscript with the final stanzas of J.G. Whittier's "The Voices," and signed "Lucy S. Rar, Octb. 7th, 1892." The verso of the leaf illustrating Old Lizard Head, Cornwall, bears a floral illustration, in watercolor and gouache.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Commonplace books.
Lithographs -- 1888.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.