[Description and illustration of a picture in East India House showing the Great Mogul presenting the grant of the Dewannee to Lord Clive.].
- London : Cox and Son, printers, Green Queen Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 3,  pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS471 .E27 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Key to the painting by Benjamin West entitled "Lord Clive receiving from the Mogol the grant of the Duanney." 31 individuals are identified. The painting was presented to the Court of Directors by the Right Honourable Earl Powis in October 25, 1820. See page .
Lithograph drawn on stone by J. Baker; after a painting by Benjamin West. Printed by D. Redman.
Printer's statement from the foot of page 3.
BAC: British Art Center copy in contemporary beige wrappers. Signed in graphite: Mr. R. Gunn, painter, Norwick.
- Subject Terms:
- Clive, Robert Clive, Baron, 1725-1774.East India Company.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 18h century.Great Britain -- Relations -- India.Gunn, R. -- Autograph.India -- History -- 18th century.India -- Relations -- Great Britain.Shāh ʻĀlam, Emperor of Hindustan, 1728-1806.West, Benjamin, 1738-1820. Lord Clive receiving from the Mogol the grant of the Duanney.
- Lithographs -- 1820.
YCBA Collections Search
[Description and illustration of a picture in East India House showing the Great Mogul presenting the grant of the Dewannee to Lord Clive.], 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.