Jubilee of Queen Victoria, 1887, [1887?]
- Jubilee of Queen Victoria, 1887.
- Great Britain : publisher not identified, [1887?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 printed handkerchief : cotton ; 59 x 61 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTextiles 21aAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The handkerchief features a contemporary portrait of Queen Victoria at center, surrounded by portraits of her nine children and the Princess of Wales. In the corners are portraits of the nine prime ministers who had served during Victoria's reign (to 1886). Also present are scenes showing Victoria: "Crowned, 28th June 1838"; "Her Majesty visiting a Highland Cottage"; and "Secret of England's greatness" (Victoria presenting a Bible to an Indian notable).
Printed on cotton.
- Subject Terms:
- Prime ministers -- Great Britain.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Anniversaries, etc.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Portraits.
Printed textile materials.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.