IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Staniar & Co. (Firm), The celebrated double anchor excelsior Swiss silk bolting cloth double twist , [approximately 1880]
The celebrated double anchor excelsior Swiss silk bolting cloth double twist : manufactured by John Staniar & Co. silk merchants &c. : Manchester Wire Works, Manchester and Switzerland.
- [Manchester, England] : [John Staniar & Co.], [approximately 1880]
- Physical Description:
-  pages : silk samples ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS270 .J64 1880Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- On black glazed card, with 72 tipped in silk wire samples, set within gilt borders.
The front cover is chromolithographed with images of gold medals won by the company at international exhibitions, the latest being Paris 1878.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original chromolithographed boards.
- Subject Terms:
- John Staniar & Co. (Firm)Silk industry -- Great Britain.Wire netting -- Catalogs.Wire netting industry -- Great Britain.
- Trade catalogs.
Chromolithographs -- 1880.
- First standard quality double twist Swiss silk for ordinary reels, 40 x 34 inches wide
- Double extra heavy quality double twist granulating Swiss silk specially manufactured for granulating process and small centrifugal dressing machines, 40 inches wide --Treble extra heavy quality double twist centrifugal Swiss silk specially manufactured for large centrifugal dressing machines, middlings, dusters, purifiers, and separators. Can be cleaned with brushes without injury to the meshes
- Quadruple extra heavy quality double twist middlings & semolina Swiss silk specially manufactured for middlings, purifiers, separators, bran reels, and centrifugal dressing machines. Can be cleaned with brushes without injury to the meshes. Grit-gauze, 40 inches wide.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.