Quinn, Anthony, 1958-, A history of British magazine design , 2016
A history of British magazine design / Anthony Quinn.
- London : V&A Publishing, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 224 pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Reference LibraryNK1160.Q85 H5 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- British periodicals -- History.British periodicals.Graphic arts -- Great Britain.Graphic arts.Graphic design (Typography)Graphic design (Typography) -- Great Britain.Great Britain.Magazine design -- Great Britain.Magazine design.
- Introduction: How the magazine became a magazine
- Punch and the Illustrated magazine
- The Mass-market weekly
- The Great war and photogravure
- War and austerity
- Magazine for swingers
- Style bibles and computers, lads' mags and celebrities
- Beyond print - and back again.