Quinn, Anthony, 1958-, A history of British magazine design , 2016
A history of British magazine design / Anthony Quinn.
- London : V&A Publishing, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 224 pages : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Reference LibraryNK1160.Q85 H5 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- British periodicals -- History.British periodicals.Graphic arts -- Great Britain.Graphic arts.Graphic design (Typography)Graphic design (Typography) -- Great Britain.Great Britain.Magazine design -- Great Britain.Magazine design.
- Introduction: How the magazine became a magazine
- Punch and the Illustrated magazine
- The Mass-market weekly
- The Great war and photogravure
- War and austerity
- Magazine for swingers
- Style bibles and computers, lads' mags and celebrities
- Beyond print - and back again.