The farmer's, mechanic's, manufacturer's, and sportsman's magazine / by George Houston ...
- Additional Title(s):
Farmers, mechanics & manufacturers magazine (New York, N.Y. : 1826-1827)
- New-York : Printed by Vanderpool & Cole, corner of Pearl and Beekman Streets, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT1 .F37 1827Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Individual issues have designations: vol. 1, no. 1 (March, 1826)-vol. 1, no. 12 (February, 1827).
Description based on: Single volume reissue; title from title page.
"Only twelve volumes (vol. I) of this monthly periodical were published. Although the farmer or rural mechanic had much more to read in the magazine than the sportsman, the racehorses American Eclipse and Duroc were portrayed on two of the three engraved plates in Vol. I ..."--Podeschi.
Reissue. Originally published monthly.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A15
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 23855
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown quarter calf and grey speckled boards. Signed in ms.: A. Watkyns, Troy, N. York, 1829 [?].
- Subject Terms:
- Agriculture -- Periodicals.Industrial arts -- Periodicals.Technology -- Periodicals.
- Engravings -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
The farmer's, mechanic's, manufacturer's, and sportsman's magazine , 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.