Jones, Major, The fire hunt, [1876?]
- The fire hunt.
- Glasgow ; & London : Cameron & Ferguson, [1876?]
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS648.S5 M97 1876Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contemporary publisher's advertisements for the "Yankee comic tales" series attribute authorship to "Major Jones."
The series is dated "" in the Catalogue of the Printed Books in the Library of the British Museum, volume 25.
Title from illustrated wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original illustrated paper wrappers. Publisher's advertisement on back cover. Cased with 8 other titles in the Yankee comic tales series.
- The fire-hunt --The duel --A fearful tale of the Mississippi.
- Subject Terms:
- American wit and humor.Short stories, American.
- Chromolithographs -- 1876.
Publishers' advertisements -- Scotland -- Glasgow -- 1876.
Wit and humor.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.