The coon hunt.
- Glasgow ; & London : Cameron & Ferguson, [1876?]
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS648.S5 M97 1876Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contemporary publisher's advertisements for the "Yankee comic tales" series attribute authorship to "Major Jones."
The series is dated "" in the Catalogue of the Printed Books in the Library of the British Museum, volume 25.
Title from illustrated wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original illustrated paper wrappers. Publisher's advertisement on back cover. Cased with 8 other titles in the Yankee comic tales series.
- Subject Terms:
- American wit and humor.Short stories, American.
- Chromolithographs -- 1876.
Publishers' advertisements -- Scotland -- Glasgow -- 1876.
Wit and humor.
- The coon-hunt --A case of supposition
- Practical jokes and bad liquor
- The amateur ticket-vendor
- Shifting the responsibility
- The first piano in northern Illinois
- The telegraph in St. Louis
- How Mike Hooter came very near "wolloping" Arch Cooney --Sticking plasters.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.