The book of common prayer, and administration of the sacraments, and other rites and ceremonies of the church, according to the use of the United Church of England and Ireland : together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, pointed as they are to be sung or said in churches.
- Additional Title(s):
Book of common prayer. 1826
- Oxford : Printed at the Clarendon Press by Samuel Collingwood and Co., Printers to the University, 1826.
[London] : Sold by E. Gardner, at the Oxford Bible Warehouse, Paternoster Row, and by G. Whittaker, Ave-Maria Lane, London : by Henry Mozley, Derby : and by T. Wilson and Sons, York
- Physical Description:
-  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5145 .A1 1826Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- With: A new version of the Psalms of David : fitted to the tunes used in Churches / by N. Brady, D.D. and N. Tate, Esq. Oxford : Printed at the Clarendon Press by Samuel Collingwood and Co., 1825.
At foot of title page: Gr. Prim. 8vo.
Includes "Forms of prayers to be used at sea" (2O³ verso-2O⁸) and other state prayers.
Pagination from Griffiths.
In an embossed cathedral binding by Remnant and Edmonds. The design is a variant of entry no. 2 in Eleanore Jamieson's English embossed bindings 1825-1850, here with additional border around the outer edge. Not in McLean.
Griffiths, D.N. Book of common prayer, 1826, 8
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original embossed cathedral binding by Remnant and Edmonds. Autograph: A. Chaleraft. May 6th, 1890.
- Subject Terms:
- Anglican Communion -- Liturgy -- Texts.Chaleraft, A. -- Autograph.United Church of England and Ireland -- Liturgy -- Texts.United Church of England and Ireland -- Prayers and devotions.
- Liturgical books -- England -- 19th century.
Liturgical books -- Ireland -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
United Church of England and Ireland, The book of common prayer, and administration of the sacraments, and other rites and ceremonies of the church, according to the use of the United Church of England and Ireland , 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.