George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936, His Majesty's speeches , 1935
- His Majesty's speeches : the record of the silver jubilee of His Most Gracious Majesty King George the Fifth, 1935.
- London, S.W.1 : Published by King George's Jubilee Trust, St. James's Palace, 1935.
London, W.C.2 : Printed in England by Odhams Press Ltd., Long Acre
- Physical Description:
- 55,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA573 .K56 1935+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Duncan and Lisa RobinsonAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Imprint from foot of page .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped cream cloth; printed dust jacket. Two postage stamps inserted: Silver Jubilee one penny (George V), and King Edward VIII 1 1/2 D (issued 1936-1938).
- A prayer for the King's Majesty, by John Masefield -- Introduction -- The thanksgiving service -- The broadcast messages from His Majesty's overseas dominions -- The Prime Minister's message -- His Majesty's message to his peoples -- His Majesty's reception of representatives of the corps diplomatique and of His Majesty's overseas dominions -- His Majesty's reply to His Excellency the Brazilian ambassador -- The addresses from His Majesty's overseas dominions -- His Majesty's reply to the representatives of the overseas dominions -- The presentation of addresses to His Majesty by His Lords and Commons -- His Majesty reply to the addresses from His Lords and Commons -- His Majesty's message to the children of London -- The jubilee celebrations --King George's jubilee trust.
- Subject Terms:
- George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936 -- Jubilee, 1935.
- Postage stamps.
Photomechanical prints -- 1935.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.