IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Perkins, John (Gardener), Floral designs for the table , 1877
Floral designs for the table : being directions for its ornamentation with leaves, flowers & fruit, with classified lists of suitable plants, berries, and leaves, and twenty-four original coloured designs / by John Perkins, head gardener for twenty-nine years to the late and present Lord Henniker.
- London : Wyman and Sons, 81 Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields, W.C., 1877.
- Physical Description:
- 38,  pages, 24 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 22 x 34 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTX879 .P47 1877+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- With wood-engraved initials.
Publisher's advertisements,  pages at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's quarter maroon cloth and illustrated green boards. Embossed stamp: "W.H. Smith & Son, Library, 186 Strand."
In addition to several examples of daily table settings for dinner and luncheon, there are special table settings for the wedding breakfast table, cricket luncheon table, harvest home dinner table, hunt breakfast table, and Christmas dinner table.
- Subject Terms:
- Floral decorations -- England -- London.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Table etiquette -- England -- London.Table setting and decoration -- England -- London.W.H. Smith & Son Library -- Stamp.
- Chromolithographs -- 1877.
Wood engravings -- 1877.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.