Mathews, Charles, 1776-1835, Account of Mr. Mathews' at home , [approximately 1824]
- Account of Mr. Mathews' at home : as delivered in an annual lecture on peculiarities, characters, and manners : founded on his own observations and adventures during his late trip to America : interspersed with most laughable tales, anecdotes and eccentricities : being a critique on the piece and performance : including seven original popular comic songs, namely, Mrs. Bradish's boarding house, Opossum up a gum tree, Militia muster folk, Ode to General Jackson, Boston post office, Illinois inventory, and a Farewell finale : with all the speaking &c. &c. : also a monopolylogue, called All well at Natchitoches, embellished with a representation of the scene, &c. &c.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Caption title and running title: Mr. Mathews's trip to America
- London : Printed and published by Duncombe, book and music seller, 19, Little Queen Street, Holborn, [approximately 1824]
[London] : Hetherington, printer, 13, Kingsgate Street, Holborn
- Physical Description:
- 28 pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2598.M38 A23 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The frontispiece for this edition is not by G. Cruikshank or his brother.-- NUC.
At head of title: Duncombe's edition.
Without music; words of songs only, with the tunes indicated by title.
Printer's statement from foot of page 28.
NUC pre-1956, volume 369, page 210
Includes publisher's advertisements on page  and page 28.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later morocco and marbled boards.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.