Godburn, Mark R., 1954-, Nineteenth-century dust-jackets , 2016
Nineteenth-century dust-jackets / Mark R. Godburn.
- Additional Title(s):
19th century dust-jackets
- England : Private Libraries Association ; New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 215 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNC973 .G59 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN Ref. NC973 G59 2016 (LC) Oversize: Dust jacket.
"1,100 copies of which 550 for sale"--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Book jackets -- History -- 19th century.Book jackets.
- 1. Origins of publishers' jackets
- 2. Sealed wrappings
- 3. Early flap-style jackets
- 4. Mid-Victorian jackets
- 5. Lewis Carroll's 'paper wrappers'
- 6. Widespread use
- 7. End of an era
- Appendix one. File copies of John Murray and Smith, Elder
- Appendix two. List of jackets to 1870.