William Rothenstein and his circle / [edited by Sarah MacDougall].
- Additional Title(s):
William Rothenstein and his circle : Gertler, Freedman, Kennington, Kramer, Rutherston, Wolmark
- London : Ben Uri Gallery, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 159 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.R74 A12 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "First published in 2016 to mark the occasion of the exhibition 'Rothenstein's Relevance'--Title page verso.
Includes bibliographical references (page 151)
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Freedman, Barnett, 1901-1958 -- Exhibitions.Gertler, Mark, 1891-1939 -- Exhibitions.Kennington, Eric, 1888-1960 -- Exhibitions.Kramer, Jacob, 1892-1962 -- Exhibitions.Lithographed books -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Painting -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Rothenstein, William, 1872-1945 -- Exhibitions.Rutherston, Albert, 1881-1953 -- Exhibitions.Wolmark, Alfred, 1877-1961 -- Exhibitions.
- 'The ideal behind the real': William Rothenstein, Alfred Wolmark and the representation of the Whitechapel Jew, c.1905-08 (Samuel Shaw)
- 'Apropos the Younger Generation': William Rothenstein and Mark Gertler (Sarah MacDougall)
- From atonement to public adornment: Jacob Kramer and William Rothenstein, 1911-22 (Rachel Dickson)
- Eric Kennington and William Rothenstein and the landscape of the Western front, 1917-19 (Dr. Jonathan Black).