Fittler, James, 1758-1835, Picturesque views in Scotland, [not before 1835?]
- Picturesque views in Scotland.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Scotia depicta
- Philadelphia : Published by C.P. Fessenden and Orrin Rogers, [not before 1835?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : etchings ; 29 x 38 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 41aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The volume reproduces 14 of the 49 etchings that appeared in Scotia depicta ... (London : W. Miller, 1804). The title leaf of the present work reuses the added engraved title of Scotia depicta, with the plate clearly reworked to accommodate the new title.
Engravings by James Fittler; after John Claude Nattes.
Engraved title leaf (original cover title?) included in foliation.
Other known imprints of C.P. Fessenden or Orrin Rogers are dated no earlier than 1835.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with engraved in quarter green paper.
- Cullean Castle -- Huntly Castle -- Glencoe -- Fingal's cave -- A view on the River Divie -- The needles Eye -- The port of Inverary -- New Galloway -- Brechin Castle -- Edinburgh -- Dunblane Cathedral -- Waterfall at Duneira -- Fall on the Tilt.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Scotland -- Pictorial works.
- Etchings -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.