Rubens & Company : Flemish drawings from the Scottish National Gallery / Christian Tico Seifert.
- Additional Title(s):
Rubens and Company
- Edinburgh : National Galleries of Scotland, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 80 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNC258 .S45 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references.
"This exhibition features an outstanding selection of Flemish drawings of the seventeenth century. Peter Paul Rubens, the towering figure of the Flemish Barogque, is central. His master pieces are shown alongside famous works by Jacques (Jacob) Jordaens and Anthony van Dyck, accompanied by little-known drawings by artists such as Jan Cossiers, Abraham van Diepenbeeck and Cornelis Schut, which have rarely, in some cases never, been displayed before"-- foreword, page 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Cossiers, Jan, 1600-1671 -- Exhibitions.Diepenbeeck, Abraham van, 1596-1675 -- Exhibitions.Drawing, Flemish -- 17th century -- Exhibitions.Jordaens, Jacob, 1593-1678 -- Exhibitions.Rubens, Peter Paul, 1577-1640 -- Exhibitions.Schut, Cornelis, 1597-1655 -- Exhibitions.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641 -- Exhibitions.
YCBA Collections Search
Seifert, Christian Tico, Rubens & Company , 2016