Poynter, Ambrose, 1796-1886, Notes on architecture, from a tour of France and Italy, 1820
Notes on architecture, from a tour of France and Italy.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (98 pages) : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process NA1120 .P69 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Bound in quarter green leather and red boards.
Notes on architecture by Ambrose Poynter, made during his travels in France and Italy in 1820. Interspersed with small diagrams. The notebook includes remarks on buildings in Paris, the south of France, Genoa, Florence, and Rome, with a primary focus on the final destination.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- France.Architecture -- Italy -- Rome.Architecture -- Italy.France -- Buildings, structures, etc.Italy -- Buildings, structures, etc.Poynter, Ambrose, 1796-1886.Rome (Italy) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Travel literature -- France.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.