Appearance and Reality (Conference) (2015 : Tate Britain), Colour change in paintings , 2016
Colour change in paintings / edited by Rhiannon Clarricoates, Helen Dowding and Alexandra Gent.
- London : Archetype Publications : In association with the Icon Paintings Group, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 130 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryND1638 .A67 2015 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- "The papers in this volume were presented at the Icon Publishing Group conference 'Appearance and Reality: Examining Colour Change in Paintings' held at Tate Britain on 9 October 2015."--Page vii.
Includes bibliographical references.
"The papers in this volume were presented at the Icon Publishing Group conference _Appearance and Reality: Examining Colour Change in Paintings_ which attempted to present an overview of the current state of research related to colour change in paintings, ranging from Old Masters to modern art. The contributors addressed not only analytical investigation into changes in painting materials, but also methods of assessing colour change, lighting paintings, alternative methods of display, and different approaches to the restoration of paintings whose colour and tonality have shifted."--Back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Conservation and restoration.Art objects -- Conservation and restoration.Artists' materials -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration.Pigments -- Deterioration -- Congresses.Pigments -- Preservation -- Congresses.