Colour : the art & science of illuminated manuscripts / edited by Stella Panayotova ; with the assistance of Deirdre Jackson & Paola Ricciardi.
- Additional Title(s):
Colour : the art and science of illuminated manuscripts
Color : the art and science of illuminated manuscripts
- London : Harvey Miller Publishers, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 420 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryND2897.C35 C65 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Catalog of an exhibition at the Fitzwilliam Museum from July 30-December 30, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 389-420)
- Subject Terms:
- Fitzwilliam Museum -- Exhibitions.Fitzwilliam Museum.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Exhibitions.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance -- Exhibitions.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Colour in illuminated manuscripts / Stella Panayotova
- The illuminators' palette / Paola Ricciardi and Kristine Rose Beers
- The trade in colours / Spike Bucklow
- The image of the illuminator / Richard Gameson
- Pigment recipes and model books: mechanisms for knowledge transmission and the training of manuscript illuminators / Nancy K. Turner and Doris Oltrogge
- Alchemy and colour / Spike Bucklow
- Masters' secrets / Stella Panayotova and Paola Ricciardi
- From vandalism to reconstruction / Stella Panayotova with contributions by Marie D'Autume ... [and others]
- Painting with gold and silver / Nigel Morgan
- Modelling in manuscript painting c. 1050-c.1500 / Nigel Morgan
- Grisaille in manuscript painting / Nigel Morgan and Elizabeth J. Moodey
- 'Incarnation' illuminated: painting the flesh in medieval and renaissance manuscripts / Nancy Turner
- Colour theory, optics and manuscript illumination / Stella Panayotova
- Colour and meaning / Deirdre Jackson
- Analytical methods and equipment / Paola Ricciardi.