Colour , 2016
- Colour : the art & science of illuminated manuscripts / edited by Stella Panayotova ; with the assistance of Deirdre Jackson & Paola Ricciardi.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Colour : the art and science of illuminated manuscripts
Color : the art and science of illuminated manuscripts
- London : Harvey Miller Publishers, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 420 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryND2897.C35 C65 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalog of an exhibition at the Fitzwilliam Museum from July 30-December 30, 2016.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 389-420)
- Colour in illuminated manuscripts / Stella Panayotova -- The illuminators' palette / Paola Ricciardi and Kristine Rose Beers -- The trade in colours / Spike Bucklow -- The image of the illuminator / Richard Gameson -- Pigment recipes and model books: mechanisms for knowledge transmission and the training of manuscript illuminators / Nancy K. Turner and Doris Oltrogge -- Alchemy and colour / Spike Bucklow -- Masters' secrets / Stella Panayotova and Paola Ricciardi -- From vandalism to reconstruction / Stella Panayotova with contributions by Marie D'Autume ... [and others] -- Painting with gold and silver / Nigel Morgan -- Modelling in manuscript painting c. 1050-c.1500 / Nigel Morgan -- Grisaille in manuscript painting / Nigel Morgan and Elizabeth J. Moodey -- 'Incarnation' illuminated: painting the flesh in medieval and renaissance manuscripts / Nancy Turner -- Colour theory, optics and manuscript illumination / Stella Panayotova -- Colour and meaning / Deirdre Jackson -- Analytical methods and equipment / Paola Ricciardi.
- Subject Terms:
- Fitzwilliam Museum -- Exhibitions.Fitzwilliam Museum.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Exhibitions.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance -- Exhibitions.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Exhibition catalogs.