Roberts, Russell, William Henry Fox Talbot , 2016
- William Henry Fox Talbot : dawn of the photograph / Russell Roberts and Greg Hobson.
- London : Scala Arts & Heritage Publishers Ltd., in association with Science Museum, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 176 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryTR651 .R63 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Exhibition catalog published in conjunction with the exhibition of the same name held at the Media Space, Science Museum, London, in 2016.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 174-175).
From the cover fold: _William Henry Fox Talbot: Dawn of the Photograph_ examines how Talbot's invention of photography in the 1830s evolved to establish the artistic, scientific and industrial possibilities for the art. Drawn from the National Media Museum's unique collection, the works selected for this book are a testament to Talbot's magical and industrial vision, ranging from the delicate capture of natural specimens to more staged and functional ambitions for photography as a means of mass production.
- Subject Terms:
- Exhibition catalogs.Exhibition catalogs.Photography -- History.Photography, Artistic.Photography, Artistic.Photography.Talbot, William Henry Fox, 1800-1877.Talbot, William Henry Fox, 1800-1877.