Lucian Freud : a closer look : works from the UBS art collection / edited by Michael Juul Holm, Anders Kold and Stephen McCoubrey ; translated from the Danish by James Manley.
- Additional Title(s):
- [Humlebæk, Denmark] : Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, 
- Physical Description:
- 110 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.F914 A12 2015a (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany an exhibition of the same name held at Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, 3rd September-29th November, 2015.
Includes bibliographical references.
This catalogue focuses on the artist's graphic production from the period after 1982 with works from the UBS Art Collection. Freud's (1922-2011) portraits' often of the same subjects he painted-manage to encompass his own psyche, the models' responses and our own reactions. "My work," he said, "is purely autobiographical. It is about myself and my surroundings." In an etching, the subject is scored into a metal plate covered with a wax mixture, which, after immersion in an acid bath, exposes the scorings, which are left as black lines in the finished print. Readers get even closer access to this involved and nontraditional printmaking process, as the volume is supplemented with ten stages of a print from a private collection in England.
- Subject Terms:
- Freud, Lucian -- Exhibitions.Freud, Lucian.
- Exhibition catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Lucian Freud ,