Borusławski, Józef, 1739-1837, Memoirs of the celebrated dwarf, Joseph Boruwlaski, a Polish gentleman , 1788
- Memoirs of the celebrated dwarf, Joseph Boruwlaski, a Polish gentleman : containing a faithful and curious account of his birth, education, marriage, travels and voyages / written by himself ; translated from the French by Mr. Des Carrieres ; with a copper-plate engraving, wherein he is represented in a family-scene.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Mémoires du célèbre nain, Joseph Boruwlaski. English
- London : [publisher not identified], 1788.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 247,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGN69.5.B6 A5 1788Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an additional French title-page, and a list of subscribers.
Frontispiece engraving represents author in a family scene.
Text in French and English on facing pages.
Toole-Stott, R. Bibliography of English conjuring 2634
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks additional French title page. Bound in later brown half leather and brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Borusławski, Józef, 1739-1837 -- Travel -- Early works to 1800.Borusławski, Józef, 1739-1837.Dwarfism.Dwarfs (Persons) -- Biography -- Early works to 1800.
- Aquatints -- 1788.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.