Godly prayers of meditations / collected out of certaine holy workes, by the most vertuous Princesse Katherine Parre, Queen of England, France, and Ireland, in the yeare 1545.
- Additional Title(s):
Godly prayers or meditations
Prayers stirryng the mind unto heavenlye medytacions
- Printed at London : by T. Cotes, 1640.
- Physical Description:
- 54 unnumbered pages (incomplete) ; 5.5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV245 .C36 1640Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Apparently a reissue of a work first published as: Prayers stirryng the mynd vnto heauenlye medytacions ... London : Thomas Berthelet, 1545. See: STC 4818.
Description based on an incomplete copy at the Yale Center for British Art. The YCBA copy ends with leaf D8, which has catchword "fer" (suf-fer).
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: lacks all pages after leaf D8. In plain paper boards. Inscribed on front cover: "Jane Pope V[illegible] had this little book of her grandfather Michael V[illegible], March 2, 1828." Signed on title page: "Michael V[illegible], 1786."
- Subject Terms:
- Prayers -- Early works to 1800.
- Miniature books.
YCBA Collections Search
Catharine Parr, Queen consort of Henry VIII, 1513-1548, Godly prayers of meditations , 1640
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.