IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gibbings, Robert, 1889-1958, Coming down the Seine , 1955
Coming down the Seine / Robert Gibbings.
- London : Readers Union : J.M. Dent & Sons, 1955.
- Physical Description:
- , 214 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC611.S461 G5 1955Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- With wood-engraved illustrations by Robert Gibbings.
"This Readers Union edition was produced in 1955 for sale to its members only by Readers Union Ltd. at 38 William IV Street, Charing Cross, London, W.C.2, from whom full particulars may be obtained. This edition has been newly set in 11 pt Imprint type, 1 pt. leaded, printed and bound at The Aldine Press, Letchworth, Hertfordshire. The book was first published by J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd."--Title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gold buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Rivers -- France.Seine River (France)
- Wood engravings -- 1955.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.